Saturday, December 5, 2009

Which musical should I go to?

For my confirmation I am getting to go to a musical. The only one I've ever seen is Wicked. It was Broadway in Chicago( not surer if that counts but it is the Broadway of Chicago). I loved it but I knew I would. Now I'm going to a show. Later this month I'm going to Les miserables off Broadway(at the Marriott Lincolnshire) So as of now I do not know what that is like. These are the broadway show's Jersey Boys,The Drowsy Chaperone, Sweeney Todd, SHOUT!, Avenue Q. The one at LincolnShire Marriott is Nunsense. The marriott Licolnshire offers a dinner which my parents say is very good. But it is not Broadway. I would prefer a longer musical than a shorter one. I want both good music and a good story. It needs both. Which one should I choose and why?



Which musical should I go to?passions soap opera



It all depends on what your into:



Jersey Boys=Drama



The Drowsy Chaparone=Romantic Comedy



Sweeney Todd=Horror, and blood



SHOUT!=Music



Avenue Q=Really Adult Comedy



The only stage production I've seen out of these is Avenue Q, and I loved it. I saw the Sweeney Todd movie, and even though the stage is most likely better, I loved the movie.



Again, it all depends on what you like



Which musical should I go to?mr messed up opera theater



I recommend Drowsy Chaperone or Sweeney Todd. The Sweeney Todd stage play is edgy and powerful (not dull like the movie). Drowsy Chaperone has great music and it's much funnier than I expected it to be! My friend Bob understudied the lead in New York last year. It's about a man who loves old Broadway musicals - the cast performs his favorite and he lovingly makes fun of it. Trust me - fabulous!



I performed in Nunsense in Cincinnati years ago... it's funny but dated, and you're right - see a Broadway show! Avenue Q is absolutely hilarious but a little raunchy for a confirmation gift.
Sweeney Todd is one of the most amazing musicals i've ever seen! I saw it last week when it came to portland, where i live. The music is beautiful, the story is chilling, and overall, it is one of my favorite musicals ever. I would definitely choose Sweeney todd.



However, Avenue Q is a great choice also. It is pretty , so if you can stand sitting with your parents when they talk about "adult" things, you would like it.



Anything you choose will be great. It all depends on what you are into
Sweeney Todd or Avenue Q, it all depends on what kind of show you want to see.



Sweeney Todd is dark, with brilliant music by Stephen Sondheim. http://free.napster.com/view/album/index...



Avenue Q is hilarious, but it's somewhat raunchy. It would depend on your type of humor.http://free.napster.com/view/album/index...
Sweeney Todd - It has an excellent storyline - combines romance, suspense, horror and comedy and also has really good songs.



Also, it's relatively long because the movie, which excluded many of the songs is 2hours, so the broadway version would be a lot longer
The Drowsy Chaperone has the most wonderful music and a really clever, unusual story. I would definitely recommend it... even if it is a bit short!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp