Thursday, December 10, 2009

Musical Theatre Singing?

My life dream is to be in Musical Theatre. I want you to hear my performance of All That's Known from Spring Awakening and then I want to hear what you guys think. Do you think I should submit a video audition for Spring Awakening? If so, please tell me which character would suit me the best. Do you think I have a chance at all in Musical Theatre? Please give tips to improve my singing! URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LoCuo6pU...



Musical Theatre Singing?ballet



I was actually rather impressed. You have a very nice voice. I would recommend getting voice lessons and working with an instructor to put together an audition tape.



Somethings you can start working on now. 1. Opening your mouth more when you sing. The more space to have inside your mouth the more sound will come out. 2. Also make sure that you tongue is flat on the bottom of your mouth. Having your tongue raised like an arch will block the air and sound coming out. Singing in front of the mirror will help. 3. Take big breaths from you diaphragm, not your upper chest. The bigger and deeper the breath, the purer your sound will be and there will be more power behind the notes.



These are tips that my voice teacher gave to me and it helped a lot!!



Good luck and practice, practice, practice, and practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp