Saturday, December 5, 2009

Which musical instrument should I learn?

I'm thinking of learning a musical instrument. Never in my 26 years have I been musically inclined (although I can ballroom dance well, so I'm not hopeless), but I think now would be a good time to learn. It will enhance many parts of life. I'm looking for something fun, something I can be creative with. What are your suggestions?



If it helps at all, my musical tastes are generally rock/jazz/ambient. I like Maroon 5, Massive Attack, Daughtry, Chris Cornell, Howie Day, Live. The only instrument I'm definitely saying no to is drums. Guitar seems to be the obvious choice, and if you think it'd be a good choice, let me know. Or any other suggestions are welcome.



Which musical instrument should I learn?secure browser



i would say violin as it's what I play, but it doesn't really suit your kind of music and could be difficult if you're not very musical.



I would recommend piano/keyboard for you as there's loads of easy popular piano music - especially for the music you mentioned. It also helps you learn about music, notes, scales, sharps and flats etc because it's all laid out simply on the keys (no having to get exactly the right tone like on the violin) It's also more social and it's easy to just sit down and have a quick practice and can sound good even at quite a basic level.



Good luck learning whatever you choose, but the piano is a good choice!!



Which musical instrument should I learn?home theater opera theater



Piano is essential. I play the guitar now, but I began with lessons when I was pretty small on the piano. You learn everything from the basics of music to the more complex things through piano, plus, it's a very versatile and beautiful instrument.
start with some piano lessons! alot of digital music requires some knolage of a keybord. Also the advantige is it helps when learning guitar or bass. If you want to work on a simple subject, drums,guitar, saxaphone, trumpet, flute, steel guitar
piano's a good start 4 ne1 wishing 2 play music. its like the base of all musicl instruments.
piano. and read Leonard Bernstein's The Unanswerable Question
I suggest figuring out which part of music you like the sound of best. I love the sound of bass and I chose bass guitar. For me that made the learning all the more fun.
Play guitar and bass. It's more fun to play guitar but if you get like a custom 11 string bass you can play super mario!
I play the piano and saxaphone, and I love then both! Since you like jazz, I would recommend saxaphone. Don't play an instrument if you aren't commited. I've been playing the piano for 6 years and the saxaphone for 4.
the guitar because frankie iero plays the guitar and when a rock song comes on u can swing your guitar around u it is so wicked
i'd start with piano. you can do so many things with the piano and it's so much fun once you learn how to play. i've been playing for 7 years and just started the guitar. it's so much easier to play guitar because i knew the piano earlier. but that's just me.
No drums? That sucks
You can get a guitar or keyboard really inexpensively. You may find you want more of a challenge, in which case I would recommend an electric bass. It's so much more fun to play than guitar because the strings are thicker and further apart, and the frets are wider. Guitar feels like a toy after playing the bass.



For something more unusual, try a mandolin (not very difficult), a violin (rather difficult) or maybe a simple harmonica. If you want something really unique, check out the Chapman stick. It combines guitar and bass and is played like a piano--it's really amazing. It's quite an extravagant purchase for a musical beginner, but it is perfect for the musical styles you like. If you have $2000 to spend I'd definately check out this site stick.com and watch the videos there. If you decide you don't like it, you can sell it on ebay and usually get all your money back (or more).



I'm going to get one someday...when I save up $2000.....



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp