Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is the musical "Cats" good?

My friend wants to go to the musical "Cats" which opens here in New Zealand in April... and the tickets are going to be over $50... I am not entirely convinced to spend that much money on something I have never seen or really cared for even after watching a few videos from it. Is it worth it? I am only 16 and I hardly make any money from my job and I dont know if this is worth it! Apparently the musical isnt that great, so that puts me off it even more.



Can you guys help??



Is the musical "Cats" good?plays



I've seen Cats several times and I love the show. Then again, I am a cat owner and I enjoy the silly movements they make and the personality differences from one cat to another. Also, I love theater, particularly the costumes and the set design. So, "Cats" is perfect for a person like me. I enjoyed seeing the actors mimic the movements that cats make, loved the music, loved the sets, etc etc. You should read the poetry by Thomas Stearns Eliot that the show is based on first so you'll have an idea of what it's all about.



Is the musical "Cats" good?opera ticket opera theater



my auntie acts at a dinner theater where you sit and eat while you watch and the tickets where around that price. the actors were awesome and i enjoyed it.



but for a male who is paying $50 to see any play for the first time, i would not recommend CATS. it is however a good play to take a girl out to.
I really enjoyed it. But some people i know didn't.



Do like stage plays? Or do you like pet cats?



Cats is different from other Andrew Lloyd Weber plays in that it doesn't have any real plot. It just showcases different types of personalities in cats. But it still is an outstanding example of costume, choreography, and music. It was the longest running show on Broadway to date. Many people love it. It really has no underlying message, complex characters, or crazy plot devices. It's just a really good time with a cast of people with super neat personalities.
I would encourage you to find the soundtrack. There isn't much of a plot, per se. Thus, if you don't like the songs, the odds are you won't be crazy about the musical.



Lots of dance and spectacle, of course, which is vastly entertaining if done well.
You have possibly just asked the most debatable question of all time. Personally I am torn between -"Absolutely brilliant" and "Stupidest thing I've ever seen". If you like theater it's worth seeing any show that you can, but if you don't really like plays you wont appreciate Cats, and it's not going to be worth it for you. Hope I helped!:-]
This musical has been very popular for many years... but that doesn't mean it is "good" or that you will enjoy it.



If you enjoy musical theater in general, you might like it. The costumes and effects and good, and the music is relentlessly upbeat and catchy, so you will find yourself swept along by it.... but all in all it is very fluffy, has no storyline, and can be somewhat obnoxious if you can't let yourself go along with it.



I've seen a lot of musical theater, and I love cats, but I've never really cared for this show. Compromise with your friend and go to a different Broadway show, or promise you'll go to this show with them if they go to another equally pricey event (of your choosing) with you.
its dull, go see something better like rent or wicked or chicago
I like it - have seen it twice, would see it again. But I understand why people don't like it. A bunch of people dressed up as cats, singing and dancing????



If you have little experience in the theatre, I am not sure this would be a good one to start with.



But if you want to embrace life, have new experiences and try a bit of everything - do it! Don't worry about the money
I actually hate Cats. I think it's boring, I don't care about the characters, and the music is not ALW's finest example of his immense capabilities.
I saw the movie of the musical and it was good. I went to a local production here in Memphis and absolutely loved it. I would pay $50 if I could see it again. I would pay $100 to see it again. It depends on the production of the show. Dont go to opening night and read the reviews in the paper the next morning before you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp