Saturday, December 5, 2009

For Spiritual People ( Musical Instruments In The Church? )?

My daughthers dad was raised in the church so was I, but thiers one thing he does not believe musical instruments should not be played in church, because they are distractive and believe Jesus wants and only hears from singing with voice, now me it says all through the book of psalms musical instuments were used in form of praise, and David dedicated the book of psalms to God, so I believe their are different forms of worship but all service is to God!!!! FOR people who don't believe in musical instruments read psalms 150, 1st corinthians 12 :1-31



For Spiritual People ( Musical Instruments In The Church? )?hollywood theater



Again, people take something out of context. David was cursed by God for making those instruments of music. Amos Ch 5



If you look at the sacrifice in Chron. music was played at the beginning, then the instruments were discarded.



The short article below is the definitive work that should answer the question for anyone with at least a passing knowledge of scripture.



For Spiritual People ( Musical Instruments In The Church? )?opera.com opera theater



I love the musical instruments in church. When I go and they start playing, I can feel the presence of God and start to weep. I love them, and I love playing the tambourine.
I'm with cadisney on this one- I'm also LDS and have been to a friend's church where they had a rock band during the service- I have no objection to this at church dances- but in a sacrament meeting? nu-uh! I think it takes away from the reverence and the sacredness of the meeting if you have loud music- electric guitar, bass, drums etc.
Musical instruments are a wonderful way to use music for worship -- any and all of them!



You are right -- the Psalms show that instruments being used for praise was an important part of worshipping -- there are dozens of references to music, songs, instruments of all types. And often in the Psalms -- they are referenced as a command: Praise the Lord with the loud clanging cymbal, Praise the Lord with the harp and lyre, etc., etc.



Let's see, in the past few months, at the church where I direct music, I've had guitars, drums, piano, organ, flute, a Dixieland jazz band, brass players, a Renaissance recorder ensemble, Celtic harp, tin whistle and bells -- either as accompaniments for choirs or by themselves.



At the church I attend, I can't even begin to tell you the amount of instruments they use -- it's a huge church and they have an amazing band -- most of them are professional musicians outside of church.



_____



I think it is valuable for all people to realize that what THEY individually "like" for worship, and what makes them feel worshipful, might leave another person absolutely devoid of feeling... I like all of it, and I will use whatever I can use that might touch someone's heart for God.
I didnt know there were churches that didnt allow any musical instruments.



I am mormon and we really only use more softer musical instruments in our services. Organ and piano mostly, sometimes a violin, flute or harp will be played.



But thats about it and its meant to keep the tone of the meeting very calm, peaceful and sacred.
I like how people freak about DRUMS. Is that crazy or what ?



Ask them, they lose their minds.
i agree but is this a question or a statement?
during worship we don't use musical instruments either



during gospel mtgs we use a piano...



i think thats probably something that developed in the last



2 centuries or even the last century from those that didn't



want to have church identified with any bands or music



type stuff assosiated with bars and taverns and parties.



i'm guessing there is really nothing wrong with unless



it becomes the focus of the gathering rather than the



preaching of the gospel.



however from what i see of SOME gospel music groups



or chior/bands i'd prefer there be only voice used.
im not against musical instruments in church but what bothers me a little bit is when its like 20 minz of music and singing about 15 minz of an acutal sermon and another 20 minz of music again.
i agree w/ you.
I don't think God minds how we praise Him. Personally I like music in church and it is not sinful in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp