Saturday, December 5, 2009

"High School Musical" audition?

I'm going out for the part of Gabriel in the musical "High School Musical" at my school. Any idea's for what song I should sing? I'm an alto.



"High School Musical" audition?comedy club



Do NOT SING:



Any rodgers and hammerstien



Phantom



disney



Les Mis



Rent



Wicked



Pop music



Anything you know of now......



How did they get the rights? Its probably an illegal production *grumbles*



Look into these musicals



Songs for a new world



Damn Yankees



hmmmm.... Try to stick within your age range. Show of YOU at the audition, then *When * you get the part, you can be her. The director wants to see what you can do PERIOD, not "How you can do gabriel".



Smile, wear your theatre blacks, sgtretch, and bring in a resume and headshot. YES, even from a school play. The director will go "WOAH" I promise.



"High School Musical" audition?sheet music opera theaterseacons of love by: rent or baby come back to me by: vanessa anne hudgens Report It


I'd stick to "When there was me and you" from HSM which is Gabriella's solo. Report It


Hey,i'm from singapore,and i was also a alto in my secondary school's choir too...



for me,i had attemp to sing on Gabriella's When there was me and you...



It's ok with me...i do agree it's a little hard to find songs that is suitable for a alto range... Report It


you should have sang The song she sings in the first hsm where she doesnt talk to troy! Report It


when there was me and you! Report It


My school is doing that in a couple of days and i got the part of gabriella. I sang way back into love from music and lyrics. Report It


Natasha Bedingfield- soulmate Report It


really? thats awesome i'm an alto 1 :)



well if your an alto 1 (a little higher voice than alto 2) then i think



you should sing "Thousand Miles"-Vanessa Carlton



or one of Michelle Branch's song



i hope that helps ^^
Ohh, I'm an alto also, and I feel for you. It's hard to find a good song in the alto range. Have you ever thought of singing a traditionally male song? Sometimes, it can better fit you range. Still, I would try and pick a song from the Sound of Music. It is the ultimate musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp