Thursday, December 10, 2009

Musical Theater Audition/Midterm Final question?

For my Musical Theater class, we have to sing a song with some choreography. It is our pre-audition for Cinderella, the musical we're doing next spring.



I want to sing God Help The Outcats from The Hunchback of Notre Dame.



1. Are there any other songs I could do that are flowly enough to choreograph dancing to? (That can go with a Cinderella voice)



2. What should I sing for my audition song for Cinderella?



Musical Theater Audition/Midterm Final question?performing arts



1) What about: "I could have danced all night" from My Fair Lady. Or "I feel pretty" from West Side Story. Or maybe "The lusty month of may" from Camelot. All of these require a sweet voice and some choreography.



2) I like "Ten Minutes Ago". for an audition song. Definitely a song where you can choreograph something nice and have that dreamy "Cinderella-ish" moment. (That is if you are allowed to sing something from the show.) If not...what about "Some day my prince will come" from Sleeping Beauty.



Good luck! Break a leg!!!



Musical Theater Audition/Midterm Final question?binoculars opera theater



You know, another great song that you could sing with an awesome choreography is: "Out Tonight" from Rent! It's awesome! And you'll get everyone in there grooving with ya! Besides, it's not extremely difficult on vocals either!



*And for Cinderella you could audition with "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret, or "What I did For Love" from a Chorus line! Let me know what you think, alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp