Saturday, December 5, 2009

Which musical is the best Wicked or sweeney Todd?

Wicked big time i've seen the musical 3 timez and it never getz old.But the sweeney todd movie rocked but I don't think they tried on the musical!



Which musical is the best Wicked or sweeney Todd?mr messed up



well im going to have to say wicked because the music is fantastic and i have never seen sweeney todd.



Which musical is the best Wicked or sweeney Todd?getting late opera theater



Sweeny Todd!
Wicked, no doubt.
Wicked!!! - No Contest!
Sweeney Todd
The BEST %26gt; Sweeny takes More Talent to do. Its Harder Music and The Charecters are Deeper. Anyone can Play the wicked witch of the West and Glinda. But few can pull off the Dark comedy of the parts of Barker and Lovett.
It depends if you are talking about Sweeney Todd on stage or the film version. Personally I think the stage version is soooooo much better! I mean i like the movie too but, yeah the stage version is better by far! I mean, come on! They cut out the ballads for the film! It's not Sweeney Todd without the ballads!!!!
Sweeney because it is based on it's own stature and does not need to extract from another story. It is also one of the first musical to glorify murder so stylistically as this one usually does.
Wicked is a great show. Sweeney Todd is among the greatest shows of all time. Go see a live production of Sweeney and you'll understand. You won't breathe for about 2 1/2 hours.
Wicked is better by far. Sweeney Todd may appeal to some, but certain elements are disturbing. I, myself, have a tendency to hyperventilate, shake, and even faint if I see or hear about blood, or if I smell rubbing alcohol. Then again, I'm very rare in that sense. The music in Sweeney Todd is about the only thing I find enjoyable in it.



Wicked has a great message underneath, well, a lot of messages actually. The songs are diverse in style and the actor(s)/actress(es) who sing the songs have good voices. (But then again, no one would pay to see people with bad voices.) Wicked is currently playing in 7 shows worldwide, soon to be 8 when it opens in Melbourne, Australia, and 9 when it opens next year in Mexico.
Wicked is great, but Sweeney is a more sophisticated show by far. You still have some great comic moments ('or we have some shepherd's pie peppered with actual shepherd on top'), but there is also a darker core to the story. Sweeney's also more versatile; you can have anything from grand gothic sets to understated creepy settings. I doubt you could do Wicked subtly!
Sweeney Todd!



I will have veeeeeennngeance...
You can't really compare Sweeney Todd and Wicked together; they're both so different and suited for completely different audiences. I love Wicked but I'd have to say Sweeney Todd. The music is so complex, and Stephen Sondheim is a musical genious!!
Wicked! Sooo good =]
I agree, Wicked is classic, but with Sweeney Todd, they made it back in the late 70s i think, so they couldn't get alot of special effects. But as for storyline, i think Sweeney Todd is better and Wicked is better with music.
Wicked no contest. I think the story is way more dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp