Thursday, December 10, 2009

Musical????

Anyone insane by loving musical songs?



And then they feel completely "geekish"?



Thats how I feel! Like I am an outstanding actress and have taken music lessons since age 10. (28 now) And I feel weird.



When I was little (11 elementary) We had a drama class every day for a week. And I remember in front of the whole 4 classes I had to sing a solo. the song was "Popular" from wicked. And then When I was 18 I had to sing "My strongest Suit" from adida at a talent show. And then I was in many plays like Last year I played Sharpay for High School Musical. And then in other plays like I was in Hairspray. (Penny) Is there something wrong with me? Or am I just a plain old geek! Or am I much more. Do I fit in? Please dont say, oh you are so talented!!! because I am not trying to brag. I think I know the answer, but actually is anyone like me?



Musical????comedy club



i am completly like you! that is so awesome!! i LOVE broadway songs, and thats all i have in my car, lol. I think you should try to pursue a career in musical theater. and don't worry, you arent a nerd! In highschool, us choir/theater kids always won homecoming/prom king/queen and everyone liked us. don't give up, go for your dreams. good luck honey!



Musical????sheet music opera theater



NO WAY!!!!!! i love musicals too!!! your DEFINITELY NOT a dork or a geek!! you love what you do! theres nothing wrong with that!!! im just like you and i dont feel like a dork!!!! come on! how could you think that??!?!?
well you just reall enjoy musicals. and you enjoy what you do
OK. i def understand loving musicals but i do have one small problem with what you have written. If you are 28, than there is no way you were singing "popular" from wicked at the age of 11. Seeing as how the book was written into a musical and cast in 2001. Sorry. I would love to believe you but unfortunately being a musical lover I know this is false info.
There are MANY MANY MANY people out there in the world just like you who get emotionally attached to the genre of musicals in general, just because of the winning combination between music and drama that makes musicals so expressive and compelling. There are also quite a few people (among the general population and also within the theater industry) that find musicals campy, cheesy, and fake and what nothing to do with them. And of course there are some people in between. There is nothing wrong with you, you are a bit of a geek, but you are the luckiest kind of geek! You are a geek who is talented enough to go out and do the things you love, not just sit on the sidelines and...well...be geeky. Don't feel self-conscious, feel proud that you get to perform in ways that you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp