Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best audition songs for low altos?

I'm looking for a good audition song (NOTHING Andrew Lloyd Webber) for an upcoming musical audition. My range is low alto (e below middle c) to moderately high soprano (high c). However, the strongest part of my range is the low alto part. The musical I'm auditioning for is Godspell.



I'm not interested in auditioning with anything from overused musicals such as Wicked, Hairspray, Chicago, etc. I love all those musicals but directors around me are sick of them.



I was looking at:



Shy from Once Upon a Mattress



Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered from Pal Joey



Mama Who Bore Me from Spring Awakening



Happy Talk from South Pacific



But I'm not sure about any of those.



Suggestions, please!



Any other altos out there audition with a great song?



(Must be female solo, Broadway/musical/showtune song)



Best audition songs for low altos?ballet theater



Well. I don't have a song from a musical. But try singing bubbly or Concrete Angel. Concrete Angel is a really sad song, but Bubbly is a really fun. song.



If you want a solo from a musical, try The Wizard and I from wicked.



Best audition songs for low altos?chicago theater opera theater



i have about the same voice range as you! Try some songs from Oklahoma, South Pacific, The King and I, or maybe Once Upon a December or Hello Dolly! good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp