Thursday, December 10, 2009

Which musical is a better fit for me?

I am a 17 year old soprano unsure of which musical: joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat or the music man to try out for. I would like to get as much on stage time as possible. I am certain i will not get the narrator in Joseph, because i know the woman who will be playing this role. Any info on the types of characters and dancing is helpful.



Also i definitly have a strong voice for classic musical theatre. I'm not that great at classic art pieces or pop music. But i am probably better at art pieces.



Thanks



Which musical is a better fit for me?pacific theater



i would probably suggest the music man because it is more classic than pop and i think i remember my friend saying that Joseph is more pop/rock and roll themed! good luck with you auditions i hope you get the part!



~?Holly*Beth?~



Which musical is a better fit for me?phantom of the opera opera theater



Why can't you do both? If you had to pick, I'd say The Music Man, just because I like it better. lol. Listen to the soundtracks to both and see which one you like.
Hmmm...Don't think I've seen all of Joseph, but the main characters are all men.



Now, The Music Man would be fantastic for a soprano! Marian is a great character with beautiful songs and lots of stage time! She's the love interest, you know, so she sings a lot and is pursued frequently. It's a great show! I don't think Marian has a lot of difficult dancing parts, but lots of partnering. There a few other female roles in Music Man that are great characters, as well, such as Marian's mother and the Mayor's wife. Rather campy, but those are the ones that usually get remembered the best!



Good Luck!
If you're a legit soprano with a classical sound, Music Man is better for you. (By far.)
I would try out for the music man. Im not sure exactly how many roles there are for you in that show, but you have a good range of choices. the most important would probably be marion and zaneeta. They are the 2 big girl roles for someone your age. Zaneeta requires a fairly large amount of dancing if you feel up to it.
you would have a better chance of getting a lead in the Music Man. It is more classical and there are more roles for females. It is a really fun show to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp