Thursday, December 10, 2009

Website for Musical Auditions ...?

Is there a website to announce auditions for a new musical? I am in NYC and I have a show I will be directing hopefully in the fall. I have a few backers and we are looking into a theater (Off-Off B'way status). I want to get a jump on casting because I feel being able to have the right voices for the musical numbers will help entice more backers. I will directing myself.



I'll looking for actors/singers 18-25 for a "High School Musical" type show, circa 1962.



4 Female roles, 6 Male roles, plus small chorus



I think the hardest role to fill will be the 2nd male lead, "the jock", who must act (comedy) and sing, plus look and act very male. Any help?



WR Garrity.



Playwright/Lyricist



www.histage.com



www.hitplays.com



Website for Musical Auditions ...?say yes



The best place to list auditions is Backstage. www.backstage.com. Go to the website and you will see a link for the audition page. There is a "form" you need to fill out to post an audition notice which includes cast breakdown, requirements for audition, callbacks, location, time, etc. The more specific you are the better! Backstage also gives you option of leaving as an online audition, or it can go in their weekly paper. Every actor in NYC uses it! Since you are in the early stages of casting, you can put in a call for headshot and resumes only. You can also use Playbill, www.playbill.com. Another great tool is www.theatremafia.com



Best wishes on getting your musical on its feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp