Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is the musical "Wicked!" appropriate for a 10 year old?

My 10 year old daughter has the CD from the musical "Wicked!" and she loves it! I would like to take her to the musical, however I wonder about whether or not it would be appropriate for a 10 year old. Are there any parents out there who have seen the show, and/or taken their children? What are you thoughts? I have not seen the musical- although the entire household has the music memorized by now...



Is the musical "Wicked!" appropriate for a 10 year old?classical music



I took my 9 year old - and she LOVED it! I went to see it with my sister first and because I thought it might be a little mature for my daughter. However, I saw many "tweens" in the audience and they were enjoying the show as much as the adults were. So I took her to see it, but didn't mind seeing it again - it really is that good!



There is definitely adult humor, lots of sarcasm and 'read-between-the lines' moments, but nothing vulgar or what I would deem inappropriate. No foul language, no nudity, no "red cheek" moments as my own mom used to say :-) Just a fantastic musical Hope that helps~~



Is the musical "Wicked!" appropriate for a 10 year old?ms stress opera theater



"Wicked" is fine for your 10 year old daughter to see.
Yes..it is.
I don't see why not. I never saw it, but my step daughter did with her Mom when she was 11. It's still one of her favorites.
I think its perfectly appropriate, its about the same caliber as "The Wizard of Oz" if you want to check that out yourself.



There isn't anything racy or what not in it.



and It was a fantastic show.
Well in my opinion you should not limit your daughter when it comes to art. Parents these days are so protective of things like this when there is so much more to worry about. Wicked is an appropriate musical for her age, but you should really be more open to what she watches. It's not fair to limit her knowledge of the arts.
I saw the show last week and loved it. I'm planning to take my daughter for her 11th birthday in August. She also loves the CD and sings all the songs alllll the time... especially 'Popular'. Take her to the show!
Well if you let her listen to the CD then there shouldn't be a problem with it. You should be glad that your child enjoys Musicals rather then the everyday video games, and television.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp