Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is musical theatre racist?

Someone just told me the what the musical "Cats" is about and I am positively livid Siamese cats are completely unrepresented and infact are DISCRIMINATED AGAINST by not complying with the "jelicle" standard. (i.e. white and black, moderate size, moonlit eyes...) I interrupted the story teller MANY times to explain my dissatisfaction.



When musical theatre can not celebrate the Siamese breed arent we all losing? Shame on you "Cats" producers!



Is musical theatre racist?state theatre



ummmmmmm...



it isn't the producers fault about the lyrics of the song. Blame Andrew Lloyd Webber on that.



and if I remember correctly, in the movie version of the musical Cassandra was a siamese... the cats are the breed that their costume is. When I was in the show I was a black and white tiger type cat.



Is musical theatre racist?theater opera theater



I get livid about there not being any blue food. Blueberrys are purple. No where is there such a thing as blue food. Now that is blatant discrimination. The standard color is either brown or white. How can green be called food when it is so close to blue? I just do not understand why this has not been corrected. Most of us COLORISTS are adamantly opposed to food at this time.
Are you serious...
yes really? are you serious? The musical Cats is based on "Old Possoms Book of Practical Cats". A book of poetry about cats.



Do some research for ***** sake and don't believe everything you hear before posting a retarded question like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp