Thursday, December 10, 2009

Am I too old to learn ballet?

Ok i know this has been asked a couple times but i just want to ask myslef to find out! :-) Ok, i've been doing theatre all through high school done really good with it, been in musicals around the community even having 4 parts in one. Now i have a full ride theatre scholarship and i'm excited! But, i want to make myself a triple threat and learn dance now becasue i did a lil dance at my last musical and my friend and i were bored and we learned the high school musical dances lol, and it just hit me that i love dance so much!! For the musical in a town over, i'm going to just get an apartment there till the school semester starts at my college and go do the musical there. But i was thinking about taking dance classes there as well, get a lil more experience. So i guess i kinda strayed off but is 17 to old to start ballet for a guy?



Thanks for looking if you don't even have an answer! :-)



Am I too old to learn ballet?concert tickets



Let me tell you my story. I took tap briefly in my early teens, but hated it. I quit all dance and studied theatre and art until sixteen, when I took my first ballet class. I was in and out of class for almost a year before family issues forced me to quit. Finally, when I was eighteen, I began taking ballet classes everyday. Two years later, I was dancing professionally.



In my career, I have danced with the Pacific Festival Ballet under director John Gardner, the Pacific Northwest Ballet, the Oakland Ballet under Ronn Guidi, the San Francisco Ballet under Helgi Thomas and several other companies. I have been the Resident Choreographer of three companies, the Assistant Artistic Director of two and the Artistic Director of one professional company. I am currently the Artistic and Managing Director of my own Theatre company.



And I didn't even do my first plie until I was Sixteen.



So go to your local dance toggs store, get the gear and get your *** into class. If you love it and you have ANY talent, you can be a GREAT success in the world of Ballet. Just look at me!



If you wish to contact me directly, please do. I would be happy to help you in your journey. As a man in the Ballet world, you have a HUGE adventage. Drop me a line and I will gladly answer any questions you have. Good luck!!!



Am I too old to learn ballet?theater seating opera theater



My grandmother just decided she is ready to study Freud. If you were 103 and bed-ridden, I would say YES. You are a healthy young man. Try it out. If you decide it is not for you, you haven't lost anything.
u are way too old ur gonna look like an idiot i have a friend whos friend did that and she got made fun of now she doesnt show her face she is so stressed about this cause kids can be so cruel
Your never to old for anything, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!
I really don't think you're too old for something like that. After all, not too long ago I turned 43, and I'd still like to learn to drive with a standard transmission. Good Luck to you. :-)
No. It does take alot of hard work and discipline. I love your confidence. You wear it beautifully. :)
you're never too old to learn anything!



I'm 16, and I'm planning on learning ballet over the summer myself, and by that point I'll be 17, which I think is just fine.



go for it!
You most definitely are not too old! If your dream is to learn to do ballet, then you have to follow that dream. You are still very young and very flexible. Go for it! Don't let anyone hold you back from your dreams.
never to old
Nope!!!!



you are never too old to learn something! Have fun !
Although there are some that had started learning ballet since they were an infant.



Surely they may be greatly experience, but if this is what you truly want to do, than anything is possible.



With time, you would gradually increase your flexibility and skills.



I reckon that if you work on your goals and know what you want in life then you can definitely achieve most things.



A great dancer, Mao Xiao; started ballet when he was just 11 and within a few years he is one of the best known in China, Australia and America.



Because you are so interested in dancing, why dont you try and option for a wide variety of different type of dance classes.



Mix what you will learn in ballet, with a bit of jazz, tap, modern or even hip hop.



The best dancers, are not just the ones that has endure years of practice but the ones with variety, passions and skills.



Best of luck. =]
Your never too old, and its never too late :}
true, you are never to old. just go for it and have fun
No way you are not to old.If you want to do it go for it!!! It sounds like you will pick up quick good luck.
Of course not! Geesh, you're only 17. You may not become Baryshnikov but you can learn enough ballet to enhance your theater talents. You can also take classes in jazz, tap, contemporary and even ballroom. Each style will add something to your movement, and resume. Plus it's all good exercise. Enjoy.
guys shuld nevr do ballet past 8. girls shuld nevr do ballet past 12. so dont. but if u want to dance try another type.
no you are not to old.
One word for you my friend... SpamalloT!!
No one is ever too old to begin dancing! As long as you have the desire to do so (which it seems like you definitely do) then that should be enough! :)



Dance.Net is a great place to check out many forms of dance and the forums are full of helpful dancers that can answer any question you may have.



Oh, and if you still feel like you are too old to begin ballet, check out this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engla...



Best of luck and congratulations on your scholarship! :)
you're never too old to learn to dance!! and girls love dancing with guys, btw. like if you become a great ballet dancer and you can partner with a girl- it's totally cute :]
No way... go ahead.
youre not too old to learn anything.. this included.. good luck
As long as you don't expect to become a world reknown prima ballerina, it's never too late to learn. It's great exercise too.
No not at all!
In North America at least, boys tend to start ballet at a later age than girls do, often in early teens. Don't let being in your mid-teens discourage you.



Take a look at the stories of these "rising stars": http://www.classicaldancealliance.org/Fe... The American born young men started ballet at 12 and 13 respectively and only a few years later are winning major awards.
GO FOR IT!!!! Have a lot of fun, do your best, and work EXTREMLEY HARD since you are starting a little l8r in life.



xoxoxo maddie
no there are tons of ppl who go on through life learning new things...plus if u want to learn something to help u in life...i say go for it, it will all be worth it in the end! :p
depends on what you want to do! if you want to do it DO IT!!!



Thats a NO
You are never too old for anything.
wow, first off i should say thank u. because i'm 17 and thought i was way tooo old to learn ballet but after seeing all the responses say that i'm not, i'm completly inspired in a whole new way to continue dancing. i kno it sounds really corney but its tru. thanks
no

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp