Saturday, December 5, 2009

Entering Musical Theatre and Finding an Agent?

Hi,



I'm 16 and currently living in the UK. I have a great interest in Musical Theatre and want to progress my ambition of becoming a Musical Theatre or Film/TV actor.



I've been to loads of sites regarding signing up with Agents. Many agencies in my area are modelling agencies but I've been told that these help with acting.



Does anyone have any good, solid, serious advice about what to look for in a Talent Agent and how to enter professional acting?



I do have theatre and acting experience, but no so much singing and dancing. Any response welcome.



Cheers



Entering Musical Theatre and Finding an Agent?performing shows



As Theatre Doc suggests, training may be your best option. Try having a look at the National Council for Drama Training website (link below). Usually, to get an agent, you invite them to see you perform, they decide if they are interested in representing you. You could try any open auditions, but you will be trying out with hundreds, if not thousands of others.



Check 'The Stage' newspaper weekly. Good luck.



Have also linked to the National Youth Music Theatre. Sadly it looks like you have missed out for this year, but you could try and audition for next year.



Entering Musical Theatre and Finding an Agent?say yes opera theater



agents do not make actors, agents find work for people who are already actors. My understanding is that in the UK one needs to attend university of a professional academy to beome an actor

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hp